Wednesday, April 22, 2009

..................Lemon Meringue Pie?

Lemon Meringue Pie?  The fluff is supposed to be white with a brownish tint to the peaks.  My lovely husband didn't think so, so this is our end result.  It smells really good!  I am waiting for him to dig in.  I really don't care about it being over cooked because I scrap it off and only eat the lemon center.  I don't even eat the crust.  Russell asks me what is the point, but the lemon part is soooo good!   
    This is my brother's favorite pie, so we have to master it before he comes for the summer!

I guess we could have got a blow torch to toast the peaks instead of baking it.

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

I would do the same thing. I don't care for meringue and most of the time I don't want the crust. Okay so pie isn't my favorite thing. There are only a few kinds that will tempt me.

cdjost said...

It looks like you either didn't whip the meringue long enough or fast enough. When you make onne for Drew we will have to get Grandma's perfect meringue recipe. Love ya